The Postsecondary Enrollment Options program allows high school sophomores, juniors and seniors to take college-level courses on one of M State's campuses or online and earn both high school and college credit. Students can also take M State courses at their high schools through the 并发招生 课程或网上 高中校园.
PSEO项目, funded through the Minnesota Department of Education, covers the high school student's tuition and cost of textbooks for college-level courses (numbered 1000 level or higher). PSEO学生 are responsible for the cost of equipment that becomes their property, such as tools and computers.
- 省钱. Tuition, fees and textbooks are at no cost to you.
- 节省时间. Completing college courses in high school means it will take you less time to earn your degree after high school.
- 添加各种. You're provided with a greater variety of course offerings, beyond what is available at your high school.
- 挑战你自己. College courses will offer you a challenging and rewarding educational 经验.
Minnesota high school sophomores, juniors and seniors may be eligible to take one or more college-level courses through PSEO if they meet the following requirements:
- Senior/12th grade: High school GPA of 2.8或更大
- Junior/11th grade: High school GPA of 3.2或更大
- Sophomore/10th grade: Complete the 8th grade Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) reading test and meet the proficiency of "meets or exceeds." Sophomores who qualify for PSEO may enroll in one career and technical education course.
*If the high school/home school student does not meet the GPA requirement, the 上诉表格 must be submitted along with a letter of recommendation (attached to the form) that specifically outlines the applicant's readiness for college-level coursework. The letter must be provided by the high school counselor, principal or instructor for consideration.
PSEO applicants are not required to take the Accuplacer assessment to determine final PSEO资格. Course placement guidelines are available at 明尼苏达州.edu/admissions/placement-testing.
- 填妥及递交 在线申请.
- Request your high school transcript be sent to M State.
- Submit the Minnesota Department of Education form. Both the transcript and MDE form can be sent to records@明尼苏达州.edu.
- Once accepted, work with your M State advisor and register for your classes. You'll find your advisor's name and contact information in your PSEO acceptance email.
Minnesota Department of Education forms:
- 2023-24 Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program 登记 Form -- Fillable PDF
- 2022-23 Postsecondary Enrollment Options Program 登记 Form -- Fillable PDF
Download the "How to Order 在线" document for step-by-step instructions on how to order your textbooks using M State's 在线 书店.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. When a student enters a postsecondary institution at any age, the right to access and control disclosure of education records under FERPA transfers from the student's parents (as in the K-12 setting) to the student.
在大多数情况下, family members will need to show an authorization form signed by the student to allow the release of information. An electronic form is located below. Any document that includes the following would also be valid: who is authorized to release the information; to whom the information may be released; what information may be released; the purpose for which the information may be used; the student's signature; and a date. A simple email from a student is not a sufficient authorization.
School officials may honor a copy of a valid release, including a fax. An authorization could permit disclosure of information by phone or e-mail so long as an otherwise valid release is on file. A form could also authorize ongoing disclosures, such as grades each semester.