Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
COVID-19 prevention practices
- Stay up-to-date on your vaccinations, including COVID-19 vaccinations
- Stay home if you are not feeling well
- Get tested for COVID-19 based on symptoms and recommendations from your healthcare provider
- Wash your hands often
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Wear a mask or face covering when directed or based on your individual circumstances
To get further information regarding COVID including symptoms, what to do if you test positive or were exposed to someone who tests positive, visit the CDC COVID website.
Federal coronavirus grant information
To ease financial burdens caused by the coronavirus pandemic, the federal government has approved three separate stimulus bills. Each one included funding for higher education and was awarded to offset financial hardships to both institutions and students.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) act was authorized March 27, 2020; the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriation (CRRSA) Act was authorized December 27, 2020; and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) was signed into law March 11, 2021.
Each of these federal stimulus packages contained relief funding for M State and M State students who meet specific criteria. The laws require the college to report quarterly on use of the funds for both students and the institution. Those quarterly reports can be found by clicking on the green buttons on the right at the top of this page.